– EXCLUSIVE: Roadside Attractions and Lionsgate have dated their Sundance Film Festival acquisition Juliet, Naked for release. The film will bow in a limited August 17 release, followed by a national release August 31, the long Labor Day weekend.
– Lionsgate and sister company Roadside Attractions have acquired U.S. rights from Los Angeles Media Fund to Jesse Peretz’s romantic comedy “Juliet, Naked,” starring Rose Byrne, Ethan Hawke, and Chris O’Dowd.
– A winning tale of love and fan worship stars Ethan Hawke as a vanished indie rocker and Rose Byrne as the lonely heart he helps bring back to life.
– It was more than 20 years ago, but Jesse Peretz has no trouble remembering his first film at Sundance.
– Idris Elba, Ethan Hawke, and Paul Dano are among the actors-turned-directors at this year’s festival, which is jam-packed with hot acquisitions titles.
– EXCLUSIVE: Ethan Hawke, Rose Byrne and Chris O’Dowd are in talks to star in a big-screen adaptation of Nick Hornby’s bestselling novel Juliet, Naked. Tamara Jenkins, who wrote The Savages, and Sideways writer Jim Taylor, have adapted the script from Hornby’s book, with revisions by Phil Alden Robinson and Evgenia Peretz.
– EXCLUSIVE: The director of Our Idiot Brother will direct Juliet, Naked based on the Nick Hornby novel in a project backed by Jeffrey Soros and Simon Horsman’s fledgling producer-financier Los Angeles Media Fund (LAMF).